[gmx-developers] Missing dihedral define

Zachmann, Martin m.zachmann at tum.de
Fri Aug 2 16:34:29 CEST 2019

Hello

there is a separate residue for charged GLN (QLN) in the OPLS-forcefield file aminoacids.rtp.

This residue uses the preprocessor define "dih_GLN_chi4_C_C_O_H" for a dihedral parameter set.

However, this macro is not defined anywhere (esp. not in ffbonded.itp with all the others).

The reason why grompp does not complain, is because the function push_bond() uses sscanf

   nread = sscanf(line,format,&cc[0],.....

expecting double values. When strings are read instead, the variable nread is zero, and grompp assumes

default values for this dihedral.

If I'm correct, we should either delete the non-existing macro, or have to add values for this dihedral.

Thank you for your time,

regards Martin