[gmx-developers] Upcoming 2019.5 patch release and GROMACS 2020 release candidate

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 15:51:49 CET 2019

Hello @ GROMACS devs,

we are coming up on the target for the 2019.5 patch release, that should
be the final version before that branch goes into essential maintenance
only after the release of GROMACS 2020.
To make sure all issues for this version are fixed, I ask you to please
check the open issues at
https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues?fixed_version_id=97&set_filter=1&status_id=o
and review code on that branch at
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/q/project:gromacs+branch:release-2019+status:open

For the release candidate, I ask all stakeholders to check out the sea
of open issues at
https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues?fixed_version_id=96&set_filter=1&status_id=o
and
https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues?fixed_version_id=78&set_filter=1&status_id=o
to both try to fix things that can be fixed, and close/move/reassign
issues that won't be addressed for 2020.

Looking forward to see you all on Gerrit and Redmine, and to get those
versions finished before the holidays.

Cheers

Paul

--