[gmx-developers] Implementing Ensemble-Averaged Restraint

Smith, Colin colin.smith at wesleyan.edu
Tue Feb 5 15:27:55 CET 2019

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the pointer. It seems like this could work, but the forces calculated by my restraint do not always decompose into pairs of atoms. Some of the forces depend on the positions of up to six hydrogen atoms at once.

As far as I can tell, there’s no way through the API as implemented to get access the more than two atoms at a time. Perhaps there’s some way to use SessionResources to read more coordinates when RestraintPotential::update() gets called on the master rank?

Cheers,

Colin