[gmx-developers] Gromacs Project Query

Matthew Atkinson matthew.atkinson-2 at student.manchester.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 14:17:31 CET 2019

Dear all,

We are currently working on a project at the University of Manchester, which involves using GROMACS to understand the molecular dynamics of the biological machines for the walkers dynein and kinesin. However, when using the command gmx_d pdb2gmx -f 5nvu_clean.pdb -o 5nvu_processed.gro -water spce and selecting force field any force field 1-15, a resulting error “residue ‘UNK’ not found in residue topology” occurs. After searching and applying many solutions, a fatal error still occurs, what would you suggest we do? Would there be a force field not listed that we could use? The protein ID’s used are 5NVU and 3U06.

Kind Regards,
Matthew Atkinson