[gmx-developers] How to deal with Clang-tidy/Clang static analyzer warnings in existing headers?

Ullmann, Thomas thomas.ullmann at mpibpc.mpg.de
Wed Feb 27 14:46:34 CET 2019

Hi,

we are getting warnings in Jenkins builds with the Clang static analysis tools
for two patches that use the SIMD module. One category of warnings concerns
the member vector of the Simd classes not being initialized in the default
constructor of these classes. This time the warnings are not false positives,
but I guess there is a reason for not initializing these members(?).
The other concerns the way data in a union is accessed in scalar.h which is
apparently not in line with cppcoreguidelines-pro-type-union-access.

How should one deal with such warnings that pertain to preexisting code?

The patches can be found here:
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/4015/
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/c/3277/

Best,