[gmx-developers] Next patch release of GROMACS 2018 / No more releases for GROMACS 2016

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 13:11:09 CET 2019

Hello developers,

we are planning to release a new point release for GROMACS 2018, while
also moving the branch to essential support only.
Please help in addressing the remaining open issues for the branch, and
also submit any patches you still have outstanding so they can get
merged before the release.
I'm planning to ship the release either at the end of this week or
beginning of next (so between 18.01.2019 and 21.01.2019).

At the same time, we have decided to not have another point release for
GROMACS 2016, meaning that 2016.5 is the final release from this branch.
This means that the validation pipeline for the branch will be archived
and the branch closed for future commits on Gerrit.

Happy coding!

--
Paul Bauer, PhD
GROMACS Release Manager