[gmx-developers] Gromacs API development and example scripts

Peter Kasson kasson at virginia.edu
Wed Jan 30 14:03:38 CET 2019

Hi everyone,
  We are working on the next round of features for gmxapi, the high-level
Gromacs API with Python bindings.  We have written a set of python scripts
that demonstrate our planned functionality.  There are a few syntax issues
being ironed out, but we thought this would be a good time to share them
with the community.  If there are a) things that are obviously stupid, b)
missing functionality that would be particularly important for a big
fraction of the community, or c) things we're planning that you're super
excited about, please let us know!

Code at:
https://github.com/kassonlab/gmxapi-scripts

Disclaimer 1: These are primarily demonstration scripts, not design docs or
user docs.

Disclaimer 2:  We are taking an incremental approach to API functionality.
We're trying to do a few things well and then expand the scope of things we
do.  But we want those few things to cover as many use cases as we can...

Best,
--Peter Kasson

Peter Kasson, MD, PhD
Associate Professor
Departments of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics
and of Biomedical Engineering
University of Virginia
and
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Uppsala University