[gmx-developers] Double precision on GPU's

Berk Hess hess at kth.se
Wed Jul 24 15:25:54 CEST 2019

Hi,

The energy conservation check can still be done with a thermostat, as
GROMACS keeps track of the amount of energy the thermostat adds to or
removes from the system.

I don't understand what you mean exactly with "energy balance". Either
you are interested in energy dissipation between different parts of the
system, in which case you often can not use a thermostat, or you are not
and then you can, and probably should, use a thermostat (and still keep
track of energy conservation).

Cheers,

Berk