[gmx-developers] Question about restarting

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:15:31 CEST 2019

Hi Joseph,

If this happens in a released version of Gromacs that's supported (last version or two, depending on severity), it's something we'll look into if there's a redmine filed with examples of how to reproduce it. If you can't reproduce it with a normal recent Gromacs release, it should only be a matter of tracking down the differences.

In general there is NO reason to ever use full-precision TRR trajectories for any modern simulations given that we have exact restarts - it's just massive data bloat. I also hope you realize that it's a remarkably bad idea to use a 5-year-old version (and not even the latest patch of that release) that hasn't been supported for years for scientific work.

In principle we're also quite open to provide support both for old code versions, development outside the Gromacs source tree or even private versions, but that would typically involve a consulting contract.

Cheers,

Erik

--
Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at scilifelab.se>