[gmx-developers] Discrepancy with LAMMPS in Coulomb (SR) Coul. recip. energy

Michael R Shirts Michael.Shirts at Colorado.EDU
Thu Oct 24 18:20:28 CEST 2019

I’d also check out https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10822-016-9977-1 for how to compare energy outputs of different simulation programs (including GROMACS and LAMMPS).

Best,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michael Shirts
Associate Professor
michael.shirts at colorado.edu<mailto:michael.shirts at colorado.edu>
http://www.colorado.edu/lab/shirtsgroup/
Phone: (303) 735-7860
Office: JSCBB C123
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
University of Colorado Boulder

From: <gromacs.org_gmx-developers-bounces at maillist.sys.kth.se> on behalf of Berk Hess <hess at kth.se>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 11:14 PM
To: "gmx-developers at gromacs.org" <gmx-developers at gromacs.org>
Subject: Re: [gmx-developers] Discrepancy with LAMMPS in Coulomb (SR) Coul. recip. energy

Hi,

This is a question for the gmx-users list, but I'll answer here.

In general decomposition of Coulomb PME terms is meaningless, because there is no unique definition of the components. Also you need to have all parameters identical. Having said that, I think the main difference is because GROMACS adds the self correction to the real space term and LAMMPS seems to add it to the the reciprocal space.

Cheers,

Berk