[gmx-developers] GROMACS 2020 for Ubuntu 20.04

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:28:48 CEST 2020

Hi devs,

Currently, Ubuntu 20.04 has the initial 2020 included, so I plan on
requesting them to update the packages to 2020.1 (or if decided an
accelerated 2020.2).

As noted in the dev call we are evaluating whether there are any bugs not
in the 2020.1 release that, due to their severity, should be considered for
a *possible* accelerated 2020.2.
Only those changes may be considered that are already merged into
release-2020 and anything that is of very high priority, has an assignee,
and can be fixed ASAP (I'll let Paul define the timeline).

If no such issues are identified or we decide to not do a 2020.2 ahead of
schedule, I'll request the 2020.1 to for inclusion early next week.
Otherwise, the deadline for inclusion is likely the RC on April 16; it is
possible that bugfix releases can be pulled in from debichem even between
the RC and final (will check, but if somebody know please let me know).

Szilárd