[gmx-developers] Update to compiler and library requirements for GROMACS 2021

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:40:16 CEST 2020

Hello GROMACS developers,

we discussed some updates to the current compiler and standard library
requirements for GROMACS 2021 during the developer teleconference
yesterday that I also want to share with the broader community.

Our plans are to require a C++17 standard compliant compiler starting
with GROMACS 2021, as well as a C++17 standard library.
If you think that the requirements for the standard library are too
harsh for older systems, we might work around this, but would then still
prefer updating the compiler requirements only.

We are aware that this might be a quite large change to the current
requirements, so please let us know your comments about this.

Cheers

Paul

--
Paul Bauer, PhD