[gmx-developers] Regression test GmxapiMpiTests fails for GROMACS 2020.1

Christoph Pospiech cpospiech at lenovo.com
Wed Apr 15 16:52:34 CEST 2020

On Mittwoch, 15. April 2020 11:55:02 CEST Eric Irrgang <ericirrgang at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I suppose the workaround is probably to set the OMP_NUM_THREADS environment
> variable before invoking the test suite.

Hi,

I tried, but then the regression tests
* MdrunTpiTests
* MdrunMpiCoordinationTestsOneRank
* MdrunMpiCoordinationTestsTwoRanks
fail.

In all three cases, the error message is the following.

Fatal error:
Environment variable OMP_NUM_THREADS (2) and the number of threads requested
on the command line (1) have different values. Either omit one, or set them
both to the same value.

I guess these tests use the command line option '-ntomp'. If so, the above
error message is to be expected.

The good news is that GmxapiMpiTests now passes the test.

Can someone point me to the magic line, where to insert '-ntomp 2' into the
regression test for GmxapiMpiTests? I would try on my local git clone, report
back and share a 'git diff' (which you then can take, alter or reject).
--
Dr. Christoph Pospiech
Senior HPC & AI Performance Engineer

T +49 (351) 86269826
M +49 (171) 7655871
E cpospiech at lenovo.com

Lenovo Global Technology (Deutschland) GmbH
Meitnerstr. 9
70563 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführung: Christophe Philippe Marie Laurent und Colm Brendan Gleeson
(jeweils einzelvertretungsberechtigt)
Prokura: Dieter Stehle & Henrik Bächle (Einzelprokura)
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
HRB-Nr.: 758298, AG Stuttgart
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE79679404