[gmx-developers] Upcoming 2020.1 and 2019.6 patch releases

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:39:19 CET 2020

Hello developers,

I'm planning to release the first patch release of GROMACS 2020 later
this week on February 28th, to bring the released version up to date
with the fixes we have added since the initial release.
This will coincide with the likely last patch release of the 2019
branch, bringing the version there to 2019.6. We will move this branch
from that point into essential fixes only mode, except in cases where
issues are found with the group scheme code, to have an option for users
that are for some reason forced to use that code path. Otherwise only
issues affecting scientific correctness will be addressed in that branch.

Please help us in checking the open issues here
(https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues?fixed_version_id=99&set_filter=1&status_id=o)
and here
(https://redmine.gromacs.org/projects/gromacs/issues?fixed_version_id=100&set_filter=1&status_id=o)
to see if there's something you can help out with fixing, or review at
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/q/status:open+project:gromacs+branch:release-2020
and
https://gerrit.gromacs.org/#/q/status:open+project:gromacs+branch:release-2019.

Cheers