[gmx-developers] Is there any hip version of gromacs?

Erik Lindahl erik.lindahl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:36:47 CET 2020

Hi,

Without going into too much details (which I can't :-), there have been some efforts that were not too happy with hip performance.

We haven't yet had time to look into it ourselves, but it'son our radar, and with at least one concrete hip port example (say, for one gromacs kernel) where it's appreciably faster than OpenCL it would likely get higher priority in the team.

So, the short story is that it's not supported in release 2020, but it might appear in master during the year.

Cheers,

Erik

--
Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at scilifelab.se>