[gmx-developers] pdb files are mutilated by I/O routines

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Sep 7 14:48:49 CEST 2020

GROMACS does some things under the hood when reading and writing pdb
files. One issue is that it changes hydrogen names, another that it
changes chain labels. I have submitted a patch for the first issue, or
actually two.

1) where I introduce flags that allow to turn this behavior off, that
means more parameter passing and new command line arguments for some
programs.

2) where I removed the functionality alltogether. In this case quite a
few tests are affected.
https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/merge_requests/489

Opinions, suggestions?
--