[gmx-developers] Please cancel outdated CI pipelines

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:38:00 CEST 2020

> On Sep 28, 2020, at 6:00 PM, Erik Lindahl <erik.lindahl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> - gmx-api. They both take 12-15 minutes on two cores, and there are four of them.

I think there is something wrong with the way resources are detected in the CI Kubernetes environment that is causing oversubscription. I think at least 90% of that time is due to resource contention. The jobs only take a few seconds when run locally. I've mentioned this a couple of times to Paul and Mark but we haven't been able to prioritize it. It sounds like Mark and I may take a closer look in October, but I can't troubleshoot effectively because the run-time environment is opaque to me.

Otherwise, I agree.