[gmx-developers] creating a branch of the gitlab repo

Pascal Merz Pascal.Merz at Colorado.EDU
Sun Jan 3 23:11:04 CET 2021

Hello Christopher,

It’s best if you create a branch, there’s some problems running the CI for merge requests from forks. Please reply here if you find that you lack the required permissions, someone from the core team in Stockholm will be able to grant them to you.

The latest stable release is 2020, which is branch release-2020 and has tags for minor releases. 2021 is currently a release candidate, on branch release-2021 with several tags for the beta and RC releases. For new features, you’ll want to target the next major release, however, so I’d strongly suggest you branch off of the current master.

I’d also encourage you to open an issue on Gitlab explaining your planned feature and allowing for a discussion on how to best implement and later maintain it. The developer resources (and hence also the review resources) are limited, so having some design discussion ahead of time will save everyone time and potential frustration later on.

Best,
Pascal