[gmx-developers] GROMACS Developer bi-weekly videoconference

Eric Irrgang ericirrgang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:11:43 CEST 2021

CI scripting:

https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/merge_requests/2008 takes a step that I think will improve the maintainability and usability of the CI job logic, and which I think will also make it easier to prototype new jobs. Are there any more questions or is this ready to approve and merge?

pybind11 template library updates:

I noticed that I had hoped to resolve https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/issues/4092 by now. I could just update the bundled pybind, but I propose instead to stop bundling pybind11 with the project sources and use updated pybind+cmake infrastructure to get the dependency through the Python installation. This means some updates to our CMake infrastructure and, thus, a less trivial review. Can I get some reviewers to volunteer?

expanded gmxapi access to TPR file contents:

I'm currently working on https://gitlab.com/gromacs/gromacs/-/issues/3295 to allow re-writing the coordinates in a simulation input source. This brings up some many questions about interfaces and terminology that have been on the back burner for a while. Most immediately, I hope to get feedback on which design questions need further discussion before following through on giving Numpy access to coordinates in TPR files.