[gmx-developers] New format for bi-weekly developer meeting

Paul bauer paul.bauer.q at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:43:44 CEST 2022

Hello gmx-developers,

in preparation for the next bi-weekly teleconference on Wednesday,
04.05.2022, at 17:00 Swedish time, I would like to share with you some
thoughts on how we are hoping to re-organize this meeting.

The plan is, that starting with the meeting on 18.05.2022, we will have
focused discussions on a small number of currently ongoing development
projects, both from the team here in Stockholm and also from the broader
community. These discussions should ideally consists of both a short
presentation on the recent development, as well as active challenges
that might require input from other developers for design and
implementation. Each topic should have no more than 15 minutes for
broader discussion, but with the option to continue at the next meeting
if this is requested.

As part of the meeting, I'll then solicit volunteers for presenting at
the next meeting, so we can build a regular schedule of development
updates and are able to faster address issues that might come up.

For the coming meeting this Wednesday, there will be some more
information from our side, as well as a short presentation from Miłosz
Wieczór on the gromologist python library for topology generation
(https://gitlab.com/KomBioMol/gromologist), something I hope will be of
interest for the developer community.

See you on Wednesday!

Cheers