[gmx-developers] gmx-developers mailing list is moving to a forum

Alessandra Villa alessandra.villa.biosim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:09:27 CEST 2022

Dear all,

The developer category under the gromacs forums (forums.gromacs.org) is now
ready to be used. Starting from tomorrow I kindly invite everybody
interested to use the developers forum instead of this mailing list. In the
forum you can follow the discussions in forum style or in mailing-list
style. Note that in one thing the forum differs from the mailing list: post
editing is allowed in the forum.

Here is some practical information:

1) to post you need an account on forums.gromacs.org and then send a
request to join the GROMACS developers group using the link in the category
description

Note, to post via email, it is important that you subscribe with the mail
address exactly as it appears in the headers of the mails you send,
otherwise your posts will be rejected! ( *E.g. joe at chem.uni.edu
<joe at chem.uni.edu> is different from joe at uni.edu <joe at uni.edu>;
and joe.doe at gmail.com <joe.doe at gmail.com> is different
from joedoe at gmail.com <joedoe at gmail.com>.* )

2) to set your account preference, click your name at the top-right side.

3) to activate mailing-list mode go to preference > email
We will have a transition period. In this period, I will monitor the
mailing list, and remind members to post on the forum category. If you want
to unsubscribe from the current mailing list go to
https://mailman-1.sys.kth.se/mailman/listinfo/gromacs.org_gmx-developers. The
GROMACS webpage will be updated tomorrow.

Kind regards
Alessandra