[gmx-users] Merging several topology files

Shang-Te Danny Hsu hsu at nmr.chem.uu.nl
Wed Dec 12 19:20:13 CET 2001

Dear listers,

I am currently trying to build a topology file for an unusual
biomolecule wich has more than 200 atoms. Due to the size limitation of
the PRODRG server, I made several topology files as the fragments of the
whole molecule. By comparing the overlapped region, I glued/merged these
fragments together into a complete topology file.However, I still have
some questions about the format of the topology files.

1) Because of the minimization, the coordinates of the overlapped
fragments moved slightly. Would that be okay to merge them together like
that?
2) If so, how do I convert them into suitable formats with the
coordinate file and the topology file?

best regards,
Danny
--