[gmx-users] RPC/XDR

Xiaomin Luo xmluo at iris3.simm.ac.cn
Fri Dec 28 15:31:14 CET 2001

Hi,

I try to compile Gromacs 3.0.5 on SGI Origin3200, and succeed in sequential version. However, it failed when I try to compile a parallel version(--enable-mpi). It says:
checking for rpc/rpc.h... yes
checking for xdr_float in -lnsl... no
configure: WARNING: RPC/XDR libraries not found - disabling xtc
checking for rpc/xdr.h... yes
checking for xdr_float in -lnsl... (cached) no
configure: WARNING: RPC/XDR libraries not found - disabling xtc
*WARNING - XDR not found. This cripples GROMACS significantly - you cannot  *
*read/write portable trajectories. No choice on windows, but locate the RPC *
*header files and libraries if you run UNIX - they do exist!                *

It says:
checking for rpc/rpc.h... yes
checking for xdr_float in -lnsl... yes
checking for rpc/xdr.h... yes
checking for xdr_float in -lnsl... (cached) yes
when compile the sequential version

Thanks

Xiaomin Luo