[gmx-users] Segmentation fault

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Nov 6 13:43:58 CET 2001

Hi,
	I've upgraded a MDK 7.2 linux box to Mandrake 8.0, but to my
despair gromacs (version 3.0.5 rpm) stoped working.  Every program from
gromacs package that I try to run stops with 'segmentation fault'. So I
figured out that some library could not working well.  Then I decided to
compile gromacs (version tar.gz 3.0.5).  Compilation worked well but I
still have the same problem.  However I tested the compile version in
another linux box (full MDK 8.0, not upgraded) and my compilation workred
pretty well.
	I think that issue should be sent to the
gromacs-development-list but I don't take part there.  I believe there's
some very important file or library to gromacs corrupted which is not
described as a prerequisite since it must be present in the default linux
installation.  But everything seems to work well at the upgraded computer,
only gromacs is presenting problem!

	So, could someone give me a light over this shadow of doubts?

Many thanks in advance.

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva