[gmx-users] octahedron box shape problem

thomas stockner thomas.stockner at uni-graz.at
Wed Oct 31 15:32:26 CET 2001

Hi

I am trying to generate an octahedron or dodecahedron box for a MD
simulation, but unfortunately I  am not succesful. I get only rectangular
boxes.

I am using Gromacs version 3.0.5

applying a commands like:
-editconf -f struc.g96 -o box.g96 -d 1.4 -bt octahedron -label A
-genbox -cp box.g96 -cs spc216.gro -o h2o.g96 -p struc.top
and creating a pdb file for visualizing with rasmol
-pdb2gmx -f h2o.g96 -o rasmol.pdb
the box I get is always recangular, independenty which options of editconf I
tryed (-bt; -angles; -box).
I don't understand, why the output of editconf regarding the box statistic
does not correspond to characteristics of the filled water box of the pdb
file visualised with rasmol.

I cannot find the error I make. Could anyone help me to generate an
octahedron box.

thanks

thomas

---