[gmx-users] intermolecular distance restraints (fwd)

Peter Tieleman tieleman at ucalgary.ca
Tue Sep 18 17:32:16 CEST 2001

You could perhaps use the umbrella sampling options (pull stuff) in
mdrun to restrain the two chains, by defining two groups in an index
file (maybe the two chains, or a subset of them) and chosing an
appropriate force constant for the harmonic umbrella potential? You'd
just need a normal topology for the system, without the restraints, but
you can only have 1 restraint at the moment.

Or maybe a better solution is to just treat the protein as 1 molecule in
pdb2gmx, that just happens to miss some bonds/angles/dihedrals that link
the two halves of the molecule. Depending on your termini, it might take
a bit of work to get that right, but I've seen it done before.

Cheers,
Peter