[gmx-users] hydrogen bond lifetimes

Y U Sasidhar sasidhar at chem.iitb.ac.in
Sat Aug 10 15:13:43 CEST 2002

There should also be a text file output from g_hbond which gives
information about hbonds.
Another way is to use g_dist to compute distance between ,say- NH of 5
th residue and CO of 1 st residue ( helix h bond ) and use the criterion
that  d < 2.6 A for h bond. ( d < sum of vanderwalls radii ; O-1.4 A, H-
1.2 A ). g_dist will give output xvg file from which d as a function of
t can be processed to calculate life times etc. xmgrace can display this
file.
Sasidhar