[gmx-users] Free energy pertubation

Alessandra Villa A.Villa at chem.rug.nl
Tue Aug 20 09:42:37 CEST 2002

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Pedro Alexandre  Lapido Loureiro wrote:

> > > slowly
> > for
> > > the
> > > increasing
> >

> > > In principle yes. Have you tried it out yet?
> >
>  Yes, but it did not work :(
>  Another idea would be to set the atom mass to zero in the parameter A and to
>  use
>  the full mass as the parameter B, but grompp does not accept it.
>  I could do that with LJ parameters but ... how?
>
>  Thanks for your reply,
>
>  Pedro.

Hi,

did you put free_energy=yes and delta_lambda not equal to zero?

Are the LJ parameters or the charges of state A  different from the one
of state B?

If they are the same non-bonded parameter and the same mass you will have
no pertubated atom ( as you can observed in the log file).

As a check you can try to see if your topology works giving a fix
parameter to lambda and delta_lambda=0.
and looking if the atom are perturbated in the log file

best regards

Alessandra