[gmx-users] Free energy pertubation

Alessandra Villa A.Villa at chem.rug.nl
Tue Aug 20 14:50:08 CEST 2002

> Citando Alessandra Villa <A.Villa at chem.rug.nl>:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > did you put free_energy=yes and delta_lambda not equal to zero?
> Yes.
>

> > Are the LJ parameters or the charges of state A  different from the one
> > of state B?
>  I want them to be, but I don't know exactly how to do this: I want to "grow"
> the molecules from zero LJ/charge parameters to their full value, so they are
> slowly inserted in the membrane interior.

So in your *ipt file you have something like this :

;   nr   type  resnr residue  atom   cgnr     charge       mass  typeB
chargeB      massB
    1    DUM      1    dum   C65     10       0.0    12.011   C   0.000
12.011

where DUM is an atom with zero LJ/charge parameters

and
does it work?
did you look what the log file says?