[gmx-users] Bad energy conservation.

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Dec 5 14:57:59 CET 2002

David van der Spoel wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 14:20, Ram'on Garc'ia Fern'andez wrote:
> > With 'shift' and rvdw < rlist, an increase in rvdw does modify the energy.
> > This the expected behaviour.
> >
> > With 'cut-off' and rvdw < rlist, an increase in rvdw does not modify the energy.
> > This is a counterintuitive behaviour.
> >
> no because interaction are computed up until rvdw only.

I'm loosing you there - interactions are computed up to rvdw, unless
rlist is smaller (and taking the extra range mdrun adds?). Meaning,
that whichever of rlist or rvwd is smallest, determines which interactions
are computed, right? So, when rvwd < rlist, it should depend on rvwd!

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "Jesus Can't Save You, Though It's Nice to Think He Tried"|
|        | (Black Crowes)                                            |