[gmx-users] constrain h-bonds

K.A. Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Fri Dec 6 09:37:22 CET 2002

Nguyen Hoang Phuong wrote:
 > Dear All,
 >
 > I would like to do simulation for the system consisting a peptide in
 > flexible waters. I would like to constrain the h-bonds of the peptide but
 > not for waters. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you'd want to do that? It doesn't make sense to me...

If you take flex_spc (use 'defines = -DFLEX_SPC in your .mdp file),
and also set constraints to only h-atoms ('constraints = hbonds' in
.mdp); you will get SPC water with flexibled angle, but constrained
bonds.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
  ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"               |
|        | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                                   |