[gmx-users] Instalation of GROMACS

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Dec 11 14:46:18 CET 2002

"Tanos C. C. França" wrote:

>         Dear Erik,
>         I believe that I've installed the fftw libraries and run the configure
> script of GROMACS properlly once it didn't halted. The GROMACS 3.1 and fftw
> libraries directories are in the root. The problem I'm facing is that when I
> run a minimization in my area GROMACS don't recognize neither grompp_d nor
> mdrun_d and gives me the message: "command not found".

Did you run 'make install' also? Do you have your $path set to include
the /usr/local/whatever where the Gromacs binaries are installed?

>         If I decide to install GROMACS again, is it enough to delete the old
> directories and download again ?

Yes - and if you still have the .tgz file you don't even have to download.

>         Another question: In configuration, when I have to type ./configure to
> install double precision what is the right command ? "./configure --disable
> float --enable-type- prefix" or "./configure --disable float --disable-type-
> prefix"  ?

The middle one: ./configure --disable-float --enable-type-prefix
--disable-float turns *off* single precision and uses double in stead
--enable-type-prefix turns *on* the _d in the binary names (e.g. mdrun_d)

>         What is btw ?

By The Way. - it is for lazy people that don't want to type too much ;-)

Btw, there are other short-hands commonly used in mailing lists:
IIRC: If I Recal Correctly - means writer of e-mail isn't sure
RTFM: Read The F*ck*ng Manual - means question is answerd in the manual
IMHO: In My Humble Opinion

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "Hmm, It *Does* Go Well With the Chicken" (Beastie Boys)  |