[gmx-users] error compiling gromacs with mpi

Ruben Martinez Buey ruben at akilonia.cib.csic.es
Mon Dec 16 21:35:58 CET 2002

> > checking for mpxlc... no
> > checking for mpicc... no
> > checking for mpcc... no
> > checking for hcc... no
> > checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot
> > compile and link MPI code with cc
>
>         try unset environmental variables pointing to MPI libs if You set
> them for FFTW. I had the same problem and when i unset env vars after
> compiling FFTW, Gromacs found MPI libs itself. Also read guide for
> instaling gromacs with MPICH (how-to's in www.gromacs.org)
>
> Regards, Martin.

Hi Martin,
Thanks a lot for your mail. Anyway, If I unset env vars after
compiling FFTW and I run configure I get the same error message,
maybe because I set the prefix option (puts the libraries in non-standard
places, because I have not root permissions on this computer)
Did you compile it as root??
Cheers,
Ruben