[gmx-users] Mac OS X cluster system

Taeho Kim taeho.kim at utoronto.ca
Mon Dec 16 17:34:38 CET 2002

Hi all,
I am just wondering whether any one has experienced on Mac OS X  system, especially MPI parallel.
http://www.gromacs.org/benchmarks/single.php
Where can I find( or make) "PPC version of LAM-mpi" as mentioned in the above link?

I got the results on 2-node Mac cluster(2 machines), but it is not impressive at all.
(My systems: Gromacs-3.1.5_pre1, fftw-2.1.3, MPICH, two-Mac 1.0 G, OS X 10.2, )
 It took the same amount of time on two-node Mac-cluster as that on a single machine. The above link mentioned the Mac cluster could be "significantly slower" via TCP/IP.   Is there any ways to improve the speed of simulation on multiple nodes of Mac system?

Thanks,
Taeho