[gmx-users] defined least squares plane

nicolis at guideo.fr nicolis at guideo.fr
Sat Jan 5 14:08:42 CET 2002

I am also interested for the answer.
I wanted to measure the angle between two phenyl rings and I only managed to define two 3-atom planes, one for each ring, and follow this angle with g_sgangle. I repeated with different sets of 3-atoms to have various estimations of the variations, but of course it is not as satisfactory as a least square plane computed from the 6 atoms of the ring.
On the other hand, if it is not included in the programs it should not be very complicated to program. All the coordinates are in the .trr? I see the formulaes to use given the xyz of the atoms but I did not yet looked at the manual to see how to access the xyz's.
Yiannis