[gmx-users] MSD and merging trajectory files

Lars Poulsen lpoulsen at chem.au.dk
Thu Jan 17 14:40:35 CET 2002

Thanks David!

I don't know how I missed trjcat!

I've been looking at the other tool for calculating MSD, g_analyze. From the appearance of the output, this program uses multiple time origins for calculating MSD?
However, I have some problems understanding the output. An example:
I use a coord. input file (.xvg made with g_traj) from a 39.78 ns simulation. g_analyze informs me correctly:
  Read 30 sets of 3978 points, dt = 10
But then it says:
  1989,  time =19890
And the output file only contains the MSD from t=0 to t=19890ps
What happened to the other half of the data points?

mvh Lars