[gmx-users] Compiling on SGI

Luca Monticelli monti at mail.chor.unipd.it
Tue Jan 22 12:30:57 CET 2002

Dear all,

I am trying to install gmx-3.0.5 on an SGI R10000 workstation, using the
GNU compilers. Here is the error I get during the "make" step:

>>> This is the GROMACS innerloop code generator
>>> It will generate single precision Fortran 77 code in file innerf.f
>>> Using normal solvent optimized loops
>>> Prefetching coordinates in loops: none
>>> Prefetching forces in loops: none
>>> Nonthreaded inner loops
>>> Delaying invsqrt and reciprocal
>>> Vectorizing invsqrt in loops:none
>>> Generated 23522 lines of code in 78 functions
(innerf.f may take a while to compile)

        /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile g77  -O3 -Ofast -c -o
innerf.lo `test -f innerf.f || echo './'`innerf.f
g77 -O3 -Ofast -c innerf.f
f771: Invalid option `-Ofast'
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

It seems that the problem is this "-Ofast" option, right? Is there any way
to disable it, and get the program working?

Thanks in advance

Luca

--

    Luca Monticelli