[gmx-users] Gromacs 3.1?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 24 22:32:17 CET 2002

Rui Qiao wrote:

> Dear all:
>         I am wondering when the Gromacs 3.1 would be available? I am
> building a linux box and will install Gromacs, so if it could come right
> at the time .....
>
>         Thanks Gromacs team for the hard working and kind support.
>
>         sincerely,
>
>         Rui

Hi Rui,

3.1 won't be a revolutionary release ( saving that for 4.0 ), but rather
a maintenance release in the 3 series...

The most important new features are double precision assembly loops
in SSE2, Altivec assembly loops for PowerPC, Large File support (>2GB),
more compilers supported, and additional bugs ironed out.

Learning from some of the irritating minor bugs in the first 3.0 release,
we
will probably release a public beta shortly, and then it will be released
the
minute we've fixed the remaining bugs and problems.

We'll provide rpms, so it will be trivial to upgrade from 3.0.x.

Cheers.

Erik