[gmx-users] Gromacs plots (xvg files) and xmgrace ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Thu Jan 31 15:05:33 CET 2002

Hi,

looking at the Gromacs online manual, which suggests using
xmgrace for viewing the produced .xvg files, I was just
wondering why this works better with xmgr than with xmgrace ?

As an example, if I look at a g_energy output with several
components (LJ, Coulomb, ..) in it, I get ALL graphs plus
legend in xmgr, but only one graph without any legend (evtl
the first ?) in xmgrace.

Is there a switch during Gromacs compilation for xmgrace over
xmgr support ?
Or is the output generation not yet ported to xmgrace ?
Or do I need a special xmgrace version ? (I am using 5.0.5)

Cheers,
  Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de