[gmx-users] continuing run with tpbconv

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Tue Jul 2 09:57:23 CEST 2002

David van der Spoel wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 05:16, prakash sista wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am doing the simulation of a pentapeptide for one nano second.
> > In between there is a power failure and the simulation stopped in
> > the middle and when I try to resume it using tpb conv I got the
> > following error.

[...snip...]

> You have one half frame in your trajectory.
> You have to repair your trj before trjcatting. Easiest is probably using
> trjconv to copy it to a new file (until 480 ps only).

In all likelyhood, trjcat will do the job for you. Try it and verify
the integrity of your concatenated trajectory using gmxcheck.
As for tpbconv, taking the 480ps frame is probably the best you can
do in your situation.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "Uh-oh .... Right Again" (Laurie Anderson)                |