[gmx-users] How to construct non-standard protein PDB file?

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Jul 8 11:04:40 CEST 2002

Eva Stefanekova wrote:

> My question is: "How to use Hyperchem 7.0 PDB (ENT) file in GROMACS? Is it
> even possible to convert Hyperchem 7.0 PDB file for use in GROMACS?"

If hyperchem writes a reasonably standard-formatted PDB file (even if
it is called 'ENT') pdb2gmx will be able to read it.
If not, you might get aroung by manually editing your .pdb (.ent) file
before giving it to pdb2gmx.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "We All Get the Flu, We All Get Aids" (LIVE)              |