[gmx-users] a hard ware question

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 23 18:28:09 CEST 2002

Hi,

>>3. If I were to run two serial mdruns will they be devided between the
>>two processors ? Can we specify the node on which serial mdrun can run ?
>
> No, the OS will not let you do that.

Depends on what you mean; if you were thinking of starting two
completely independent mdrun jobs simultaneously the answer is yes - the
operating system will schedule these on different CPUs (which CPU each
one is currently running on will change, but on average they will
definitely be on separate CPUs), and actually does a very good job of it
- you won't notice there is more than one process running.

Cheers,

Erik