[gmx-users] Question about benchmarks

Susan Chacko susanc at helix.nih.gov
Tue Jun 11 20:17:35 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

Are the benchmarks on the www.gromacs.org site for single-precision
builds of Gromacs, and would one expect a large difference between
single-precision and double-precision times?

I just built Gromacs in double-precision mode, but am wondering
whether I should go back and rebuild in single-p as well, as the
benchmark times I'm seeing are quite different from those on the
Gromacs website.

I'm running the DPPC benchmark on a Linux cluster, dual-processor Athlon
1.4GHz nodes, RedHat 7, MPICH.

Any thoughts appreciated,
Susan Chacko.
Susan Chacko
Helix Systems
Bldg 12B, Rm 2N207			 	Ph: (301) 435-2982
National Institutes of Health			Fax:(301) 402-2190
Bethesda, MD 20895.			Email:susanc at helix.nih.gov