[gmx-users] Sugar atom types

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Fri Jun 14 14:30:26 CEST 2002

Lieven Buts wrote:

> I also notice that in ffgmx.rtp, glucose is defined using
> CS1 and CS2 atoms for the carbon atoms, whereas in ffg43a1 force field,

> it is defined using CH1 and CH2 atom types.

Atom type names between the gmx and g43a1 forcefields are not
comparable. They are defined separately with different names
for each separate forcefield.

> Does anyone know the exact origin of the gmx and G43a1 parameters
> for carbohydrates, the differences between them and the relevance
> of the modifications in the above-mentioned articles to them?

'gmx' is basically a Gromos87 clone, with some minor modifications.

G43a1 is the official Gromos96 forcefield.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
  ________ ____________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                             |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam     |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands    |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610                |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR |
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen   |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands         |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                  |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton    |
|  \__/  | "O My God, They Killed Kenny !" (South Park)               |