[gmx-users] magic number error

giacomo de mori g.demori at ico.mi.cnr.it
Mon Jun 17 14:47:49 CEST 2002

Hello All
some of my simulation suddenly  abort without any message in the log
file.
when I run gmxdump, at the last line it appears this message

in the first simulation:

Fatal error: Magic Number Error in XTC file (read -1546048969, should be
1995)

in the second simulation:
Fatal error: Magic Number Error in XTC file (read -834587746, should be
1995)

similar message apperars in other simulations.
Each simulation is a molecular dynamic of a 36 residue protein in
explicit water using PME in gromacs 3.0.5.
what does it mean?  How could I resolve this problem?
thak you in advance
Giacomo