[gmx-users] (no subject)

Jay Mashl mashl at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 24 18:20:40 CEST 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 dr.horsfield at physics.org wrote:
> According to the Gromacs benchmarks web page, there are problems with
> first generation athlon motherboards. Has anyone had any problems with the
> Tyan Tiger MPX (S2466N) motherboard? [I am purchasing some machines with
> dual processor athlons with this motherboard to run gromacs.]

By "first generation", do you mean the Athlon Thunderbirds?  They don't do SSE.
Nor do the athlon Durons.  On the other hand all the MP and XP Athlons can do
SSE. And I know the Tiger MP mainboard works well.

Jay

---
R. Jay Mashl, Ph.D.        \     Natl Ctr for Supercomputing Applications
Computational Biology        \             4027 Beckman Institute, MC-251
mashl at ncsa.uiuc.edu            \                   University of Illinois
Tel. 217-244-5818, -2909(f)      \                      Urbana, IL  61801