[gmx-users] Problem with free energy calculation

Oliver Konrad Oliver.Konrad at job-stiftung.de
Tue Jun 25 16:15:43 CEST 2002

Hi all,
i´m trying an free energy calculation of the solvation energy for one
methane molecule in a box of water.

I have made 20 simulations for different values of lambda from 0 to 1
and integrated the resulting free energy, but the energy is far too
large. I got a solvation energy of nearly 30 kJ/mol.!!

I have attached my files to this mail and hope that someone can help
with my problem.

thanks in advance
   O. Konrad