[gmx-users] SGI-O2 IRIX 6.5 Compile trouble

Patrick Ladam ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr
Sat Mar 2 01:29:19 CET 2002

Hi again,

More precision about the previous message.
After looking more deeply into the configure messages it looks that effectively
the G77
compiler is not chosen but instead the vendor's one (F77 that is not enabled).
Strangly for the C compiler GCC is chosen correctly.
Any idea how I can force the configure script to choose G77 instead of F77? I
tried
--enable-g77 in vain.

Here is the output of configure:

tintin pl 57>./configure.ori --enable-gcc --enable-g77
checking build system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
checking host system type... mips-sgi-irix6.5
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for cc... no
checking for xlc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking for f77... f77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether f77 accepts -g... no
checking how to get verbose linking output from f77... configure.ori: WARNING:
compilation failed

checking for Fortran 77 libraries...
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme...
configure.ori: WARNING: unknown Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme
gcc: unrecognized option `-version'
gcc: No input files
gcc: unrecognized option `-version'
gcc: No input files
checking whether gcc accepts -O6... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -malign-double... no
checking whether gcc accepts -no-cpp-precomp... no
checking whether gcc accepts -n32 -r5000 -mips4 -O3 -OPT:IEEE_arithmetic=3
-OPT:rsqrt=ON -SWP:loop_overhead -INLINE:=ON -LNO:opt=1 -LNO:ou_further=3
-OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=typed -woff 1174 -D__INLINE_INTRINSICS -O6
-fomit-frame-pointer -finline-functions -funroll-all-loops -Wall -Wno-unused...
no
* Sorry, these optimization settings don't seem to work for       *
* your C compiler. Use make CFLAGS=..., or edit the top Makefile. *
checking whether f77 accepts -n32 -r5000 -mips4 -O3 -OPT:IEEE_arithmetic=3
-OPT:rsqrt=ON -SWP:loop_overhead -INLINE:=ON -LNO:opt=1 -LNO:ou_further=3
-OPT:Olimit=0:roundoff=3:alias=typed -OPT:cray_ivdep=TRUE... No such feature
exists (-5,116:2) No such file or directory

 The MIPSpro Fortran 77 Compiler
 (license FEATURE string = f77)
 requires a license password.

 For license installation and trouble shooting
 information visit the web page:

         http://www.sgi.com/Support/Licensing/install_docs.html

 To obtain a Permanent license (proof of purchase
 required) or an Evaluation license please
 visit our license request web page:

         http://www.sgi.com/Products/license.html

         or send a blank email message to:

         license at sgi.com

 In North America, Silicon Graphics' customers may request
 Permanent licenses by sending a facsimile to:

         (650) 932-0537

         or by calling our technical support hotline

         1-800-800-4SGI

 If you are Outside of North America or you are not a Silicon
 Graphics support customer then contact your local support provider.

f77 ERROR:  cannot exec /usr/lib32/cmplrs/mfef77
yes
checking for ident... /usr/sbin/ident
checking whether the compiler supports ident... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments...
tintin pl 58>

Bye

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| >>> NEW e-mail: <<<             |                               |
| ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |