[gmx-users] charged proteins

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Thu Mar 7 19:45:35 CET 2002

Hi List, and thank you all very much for your attention.

 From all I've been reading here (including PME vs. Reaction-field
benchmarks) I conclude it:

Summarising. If I want to run a substrate/protein complex immersed in
water, no matter it is charged or not, I should use PME with counterions
(if need), right?
If not charged, just a long cut-off would give reasonable results, so a
faster option than with PME, ok?
Single precision is ok in both cases, isn't it?