[gmx-users] genion II

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Mar 11 10:11:18 CET 2002

Pedro Alexandre de Araujo Gomes Lapido Loureiro wrote:

> "Warning: atom names in mshion.top and mshion1-1.gro don't match (Cl - OW)
> (more than 20 non-matching atom names)
> Warning 7 [file "mshion.top", line 33]:
>   33145 non-matching atom names
>   atom names from mshion.top will be used
>   atom names from mshion1-1.gro will be ingnored"
>
> In the .top file I had already added one Cl atom and deleted one water
> molecule.
> Am I doing somethig wrong?

Apparently you don't have the same order of molecules (and thus atoms)
in your .gro file. This causes the atom name mismatches. You should feel
lucky, since previous versions of Gromacs did not even check this!
I don't know whether genion adds your ion before or after the water
molecules, but assuming it puts it before, then your .top file should
end in something like this:

[ molecules ]
Protein		1
Cl		1
SOL		4687

The order is absolutely important!

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "I Don't Want to Calm Down" (Throwing Muses)              |